Veggie Bacon BLT with Homemade Guacamole
This vegan recipe by Chef Dan Eaton pairs the basic BLT sandwich with SoyBoy's crispy organic Veggie Bacon and a simple homemade guacamole spread. Hint: There are no exact amounts for this..... it's up to you how many sandwiches you’re making. Use whole grain bread if you want to and use sliced ripe avocado instead of making guacamole.
- Carefully slice the ripe avocados in half lengthwise, carefully remove the pits and use a spoon to scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Add the minced garlic, lime juice and salt to taste and use a fork to mash it up.
- Cook as many slices of veggie bacon as you like in a large, heavy bottomed nonstick pan in a tiny bit of vegetable oil. Carefully flip the bacon over, after browning the first side (adding a little more oil if you need to) and, once the second side has browned, take it out of the pan to rest on a clean plate.
- Toast the sliced bread for more texture if you like, then spread a little guacamole over each slice of bread and top half of the slices with crispy bacon, some sliced tomato and lettuce and finish with the remaining slice of guacamole topped bread. If large enough, slice each sandwich in half crosswise to serve.
- Soy Boy veggie bacon as desired (count on 2 – 3 slices per sandwich, see procedure)
- 2 ripe avocados (see hints below)
- 1 small clove garlic minced (1/2 tsp is plenty)
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- pinch of salt to taste
- 4 slices country Sourdough bread (toasted if you like)
- sliced ripe tomato as needed
- lettuce as needed