Tofu Salad With Tomatoes, Cucumbers And Basil
This quick and easy vegan recipe blends fresh veggies with sliced SoyBoy organic tofu and homemade vinaigrette for a bright, delicious summer salad.Hint: Let the salad sit out at room temperature a bit before serving so the tofu absorbs some of the vinaigrette.
- Drain the 1 pound block of firm SoyBoy tofu in a colander or mesh strainer in the sink. (Use a clean kitchen towel to gently squeeze out more water if desired before slicing into 1⁄2” thick rectangles)
- Add the rough chopped ripe tomato, thinly sliced cucumber, chopped basil and 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion to a medium size mixing bowl.
- Use another smaller mixing bowl to whisk together 1/3 cup olive oil, 2-3 Tbs. vinegar, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard and an optional pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Add the dressing to the tomato and cucumber salad and very gently toss to coat.
- Lay the sliced tofu out on a large platter, spoon the tomato and cucumber salad over the top of that and finish with a sprinkling of sea salt to taste.
- 1 block SoyBoy Firm Tofu drained well, sliced into 1⁄2” thick rectangles
- 2-3 medium-large ripe tomatoes rough chopped
- 1 small cucumber halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup rough chopped fresh basil loosely packed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2-3 Tbs. vinegar (rice, white or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Sea salt to taste for garnish (or kosher salt)